Yogurt Sandwich is a light, healthy and refreshing sandwich, made with flavorful yogurt, cabbage and carrot. These are great for lunch box.
Will make 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices of firm bread
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage (pata gobhi or band gobhi)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (gajar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced green chili, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai), for seasoning
- About 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Put the yogurt in a strainer lined with muslin or cheese cloth. Gently squeeze excess water from the yogurt. Make sure not to squeeze out the yogurt, and leave it at least 4 hours or more. Before removing the yogurt from muslin cloth squeeze one more time.
- The yogurt will become thick in consistency, this is known hung yogurt, and this should make about half cup.
- Add all the ingredients for filling with yogurt and mix it well.
- Spread the mix over two slices of bread and cover them with other slice.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat; grease the skillet with about half teaspoon of butter.
- Sprinkle the skillet with mustard seeds as seeds crack place the sandwich over, brush the butter on top of the slice. Grill the sandwich from both sides until they are golden brown. This should take about one minute each side.
- Sandwiches are ready; serve them with side of salad
- Yogurt sandwiches taste great even at room temperature, and great for lunch box.