For the almond bakes:
- 1 cup roasted and ground almonds
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or 1 cup quick oats)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- chopped almonds for garnish
- In a bowl, beat butter till creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder and mix well till the mixture is creamy.
- Add the ground almonds and mix well.
- Add the all purpose flour (or oats) little by little and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Form the dough into small balls. Place the balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 mins till the edges turn brown.
Dip for the bakes:
- 2 cups whole milk (or 1 cup whole milk + 1 cup soy milk)
- 1 cup cashew paste
- 1/2 tin condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Soak about 8-10 cashews in warm milk for about half an hour.
- Grind the soaked cashews to a smooth paste.
- In a thick bottomed pan add little water. Add milk to the pan. Bring it to a boil.
- Now add the cashew paste and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Boil this mixture until it reduces to about half of the original quantity.
- Now slowly add condensed milk while stirring. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the almond bakes to this mixture.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Serve it warm or cold. It tastes heavenly!!