Indian meals are not complete unless the meal includes a yogurt dish such as a raita. This is a colorful raita and can brighten up any meal.
Serving for 4.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup finally chopped cucumber (kheera)
- 1 medium tomato seeded and finally chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper finally chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted ground cumin seed
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar if needed
- Mix the yogurt well. If yogurt is thick like pudding add milk as needed to make the consistency of a yogurt drink.
- Add salt, chopped dill, black pepper, roasted cumin seed and paprika. Add sugar if yogurt is sour.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and yellow bell pepper.
- Replace dill with chopped mint or cilantro.
- Vegetables can be adjusted to taste.
Dry roast the cumin seeds on medium heat until they are brown and you can smell the cumin aroma. Grind after it cools to room temperature.