Stuffed Mushrooms with tomatoes and oats
Stuffed oats mushrooms are very healthy and here its absolutetly oil-free, gluten-free, vegan recipe! They are very easy to pop into your mouth and wonderful finger foods for parties instead of the regular fried stuff! Here I'm presenting jain and veg version.
- 8 large button mushrooms (de-stemmed with only the stalks diced)
- 4 tomatoes (1/2 of the top and bottom sliced off to form 8 caps, remaining tomato diced)
- 1 Tbsp oats
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 green chilli (diced, optional)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- A pinch of oregano
Without oil, saute the diced tomatoes. When it becomes soft, add the diced mushroom stalks and salt to release the water.
Add the oats and cook until the mixture forms a paste.
Add coriander leaves, salt, black pepper, green chilli and oregano; cook for 30 seconds.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Lay the mushroom heads upside down and heap with the oats mixture as a stuffing. Top each with a tomato cap.
Place the mushroom in a frying pan with a lid.
Sprinkle some water and cover with a tight lid so it cooks in its own steam. Put heat on low and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tomato tops are mildly cooked.
Serve hot as a appetizer garnished with fresh green coriander leaves!