Spring Quinoa Fruit Salad
- 2 cup spring salad (this is mix of several greens)
- 1/3 cup quinoa (cooked quinoa is cooked just like rice)
- 1 cup watermelon (cut into byte size cubes)
- 1 cup mango (cut into byte size cubes)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (cut into byte size cubes)
- 1/2 avocado (cut in small pieces )
- 1 Tbsp vinegar (I am using rice vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger juice*
For dressing: add all the dressing ingredients together mix it well making sure sugar is dissolved. Set aside. * To make ginger juice shred the ginger using fine shredder or zester and squeeze the juice with fingers.
Cook the quinoa like rice 1-part quinoa to 2 parts of water. After quinoa and water comes to boil reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until all the water has been absorbed, this will take about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a salad bowl layered all the ingredients, spread the greens, watermelon, mango n cucumber, avocado sprinkle the quinoa and drizzle the salad dressing.
Suggestions: use your choice of fruits, salad measurements are just for suggestion,
Quinoa, can be prepared in advance, I make quinoa always extra and I use the quinoa with almost every salad I make.
Salad dressing also can be prepare in advance, this is very light dressing. I make this dressing in large quantity, I always have ready to use.