Spinach crackers are crisp flavored with cheese and mildly spiced makes tasty snack.
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida, plain flour)
- ½ cup semolina (fine sooji)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup spinach puree
- Oil to fry
- Mix all purpose flour, semolina, salt, chili flakes, cumin seeds, and baking soda in a bowl together.
- Add the butter and parmesan cheese, mix well it will be consistency of bread crumb.
- Add the spinach puree and make firm dough.
- Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest for at least ten minutes.
- Divide the dough in 16 equal parts and make them into balls.
- Roll the dough about into a 5-inch circle.
- Slice the each roll dough in 4 pieces in triangle shape.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- The frying pan should have at least 1 ½ inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put a small piece of dough in the oil. The dough should make the oil sizzle and come up slowly.
- Make sure to place just enough chips so you can turn them over easily when frying. Fry the chips until both sides are light golden in color.
- After chips come to room temperature they should become crisp.
- Spinach chips can be stored for weeks in airtight containers.
- If the chips are cooked on high heat, they will be soft.