There’s nothing like a fresh salad. They are healthy and contrary to popular belief they can be quite filling and extremely satisfying! Spinach Couscous Salad is made with fresh spinach, arugula, couscous, sliced red grapes, cheese crumbles, pecans and my special house-dressing!
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups spinach, steamed removed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups arugula roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans roasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes cut in half
- 1/2 cup pear cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon mustard (rai) powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice*
- For dressing: add all the dressing ingredients together mix it well making sure sugar is dissolved. Set aside. * To make ginger juice shred the ginger using fine shredder or zester, and squeeze the juice with fingers.
- Boil the water in a saucepan over medium high heat with oil and salt. Add couscous mix it, cover the pan and turn off the heat. Couscous should be ready in about 5-6 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork. Set aside.
- Toss spinach, arugula, couscous, pecans, and grapes together pour the dressing over and toss, sprinkle the feta cheese.