Recipe submitted by Nandhini
Sago Vada is a simple grain free snack that can be served with plain homemade yogurt for people who are fasting on Janmashtami day. Its a crunchy snack that’s crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Enjoy!
- Sago(Sabudana) – 1/2 Cup
- Medium Sized Potatoes – 2(Boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Peanuts – 1/4 Cup (Dry roasted, coarsely ground)
- Black Pepper -1 Tsp (Coarsely ground)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1tbsp(finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves/Cilantro – Few (finely chopped)
- Salt – 1 tsp (adjust as needed)
- Vegetable Oil to fry (1 cup)
- Soak Sago in just in enough water to cover it for about 2 hours. It should absorb all water.
- In a bowl, add mashed Potatoes, soaked Sago, Peanut powder, Pepper powder, chopped Green Chilli, Cilantro/Curry leaves and Salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high.
- Apply a drop of oil on your palm. Take lemon sized dough mix and flatten it into Vada(Patty) between your palms.
- Slowly drop the Vadas into the hot oil pan.Fry them until they are crispy, golden brown slowly turning them in between. Drain them into paper towel. Sago Vadas are ready serve.