Rice Dumpling in Vegetable Stew is a healthy recipe because it does not use a drop of oil! I like vegetable stew with any type of bread as well as appam,paratha etc. So I tried this recipe with rice dumpling in it.It comes out really good. It contains sweet aroma of cinnamon and ginger .Hope all of you like its taste.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 30 min
For rice dumpling:
- 1 Cup Rice powder (I used nirapara pathiri powder,from Indian store)
- 1 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 1/2 tsp salt
For vegetable stew:
- 1 Cup Potato (medium sized cubes)
- 1/4 Cup Carrot (medium sized cubes)
- 1 Cup Onion (medium sized cubes)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon small pieces
- 2 Green chili (cut in to half)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut milk (1/4 cup coconut powder in 1 cup of hot water or you can use bottled coconut milk/fresh coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
To make rice dumplings:
- Put rice and salt in a bowl and mix well. After that mix with small amount of water at a time and make a soft dough.If you are not getting soft dough ,pour some more water.
- Put enough water in a steam pot.Make small dumpling with rice mix and place it in steamer plate and put inside the vessel.
- Steam at least 5 minutes.
- Dumpling is ready. Cool it for 2-3 minutes.
To make vegetable stew:
- Put all ingredients except coconut milk in a pressure cooker with just enough amount of water(not too much water) and keep it for one whistle.
- After the cooker cools,open the lid and add coconut milk and rice dumplings in it.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or it become a good consistency (not too watery).