Quinoa salad is a healthy and delicious salad. This bright and colorful salad is also a great summertime recipe. For this particular salad, I made my own homemade dressing with ginger. Ginger gives a refreshing kick to the salad. Quinoa is naturally gluten free and also high in protein.
This recipe will serve 4.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cups water
- 1 large romaine lettuce chopped, discard the outside leaves
- 2 cup arugula
- 1cup English cucumber cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium size tomato diced
- 1 orange peeled and diced
- About 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, I am using rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard (rai) powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice*
- For dressing: add all the dressing ingredients together mix it well making sure sugar is dissolved. Set aside. * To make ginger juice shred the ginger using fine shredder or zester, and squeeze the juice with fingers.
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until all the water has been absorbed, this will take about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a salad bowl layered all the ingredients, spread the lettuce, arugula, quinoa save about 1/4 cup, then cucumber, tomatoes, and orange. Drizzle the salad dressing, sprinkle the saved quinoa and the last spread the feta cheese.