Peanut Chaat is a combination of peanuts, tomatoes, cucumbers and spices. It is a delicious and satisfying snack-not to mention healthy and low-fat! It is easy to make. It can be served as an appetizer or anytime spicy snack.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2+1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 3/4 cup tomatoes seeded cut in small cubes
- 3/4 cup cucumber cut in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger finally chopped
- 1 green chili finally chopped adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder (bhuna jeera)
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a sauce pan add peanuts with 2 cups of water turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook over medium high heat for about 25 minutes until peanuts are soft.
- Drain the water and let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix ginger, chili, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin seed powder, red chili powder, black pepper, sugar, mango powder and lemon juice together.
- Mix the peanuts with tomatoes and cucumbers, add the spice mix and toss.
- Peanut Chaat is ready to serve.