Masala French Fries are an exciting twist on french fries, and they are great to serve with cocktails or as an appetizer.
Recipe serves 2 to 4.
- 2 medium russet potato
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mint powder (sukha podina)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon citric acid (tatri)
- Oil to fry
- Peel the potatoes wash and cut into French fries.
- Mix the salt with potato and let it sit for about ten minutes.
- Drain the salt water well and lightly pat dry.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, mint powder, citric acid, red and black pepper together.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over potatoes and mix well so all the fries are covered with spices.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on medium high heat.
- The frying pan should have at least 1 1/2 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, just put potato strip in frying pan. Potato should sizzle.
- Fry the fries till they become gold in color all around, turn the fries a few times while frying.
- Remove fries from oil and place on paper towel.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Replace dry mint with dry fenugreek leaves.
- Feel free to experiment.
You can make the fries few hours before serving. Heat the fries in oven at 350 degrees for seven to ten minutes before serving.