Mango Puff Puffs is a fun recipe made with fresh pureed mangos and flour. These are a sweet snack that kids will love.
Cooking time: ~1 hour
- 1 large ripe mango (peeled, sliced, and pureed)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbs of corn oil
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 cups of oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the above ingredients (except powdered sugar and frying oil). Let mixture rest for 20 minutes.
- In a 10” deep frying pan, heat 4 cups of oil over high heat for several minutes and then reduce to medium heat.
- Drop teaspoonful of batter into the heated oil. Fry 4 to 5 balls at a time until golden brown. Cook both sides of the puff puffs by turning with a spatula.
- After frying each batch, transfer to a large paper sack. Add powdered sugar, close sack, and shake gently to coat. Transfer to a platter.
- Repeat until all batches complete.