Idli Chaat, South Indian Appetizer
Idli Chaat is a tasty twist to traditional South Indian Idli. This can be served as an appetizer or an afternoon snack. It's quick and easy to make, with the perfect savory flavors! Try this recipe today and you will be satisfied with a great dish!
- I am using store bought frozen idlies or you can also use left over idlies. Make sure though frozen idlies to bring to room temperature.
- Whip the yogurt until smooth. Add a little milk as needed to make the pourable consistency.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and arrange the idle do not overlap them. Cooked the idlis over medium heat, turn them about 3-4 time, till they are light golden brown both sides. This should take about 4 minutes.
- Transfer them on a plate and stir-fry the potatoes in the same pan sprinkling the 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir-fry the potatoes till they start getting light golden color this should take about 2 minutes.
Serving the Idli Chaat
- Arrange the idlies in a serving plate, sprinkle remaining salt ¼ teaspoon. Put ½ the potatoes drizzle the yogurt, cilantro chutney and tamarind chutney. Garnish with green chilies and fine sev.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!