My favorite way to have corn is grilled. However, sometimes grilling corn takes a lot of time, with the set up and preparation. This is an easy and no mess recipe. This is a delicious simple twist on the traditional grilled corn on the cob.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 4 ears corn, husked and silky thread remove
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- Remove the kernels from corn, it is easy to do, tear the husk off, and then run the knife downwards to remove the kernels.
- Coat the flat bottom heavy frying pan with oil and heat over medium high heat, put the corn kernels and stir fry for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously.
- While stir frying kernels will be getting some light and some dark brown color, some of the kernels will pop like you are grilling.
- When the kernels are similar in color turn off the heat, and add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and ginger mix it well.
- You will be amazed by the taste. They match the taste of corn grilled over charcoal, without even preparing the grill.