Ginger relish is very handy to have in your refrigerator for spicing up many different dishes.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ginger
- 4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut the green chilies lengthwise (remove the seeds if you like mild).
- Chop the green chilies to match the size of the chopped ginger.
- Mix ginger, chili, salt and lemon juice together and store in glass jar.
- Before serving refrigerate the relish for 24 hours.
- Relish can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks. Note: after a couple of days the green chilies will fade in color and will become milder in taste.
Thinly slice the green chilies and ginger about 1 inch lengthwise and mix with salt and lemon juice.
- Mix the chopped relish with cream cheese and use as a sandwich spread.
- Lightly spread between grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Sprinkle over any chat.
- Use sliced relish to garnish any dal, rice, subji with gravy.
- The relishes’ juice can be mixed with olive oil to make a salad dressing.