BESAN BURFI

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Seemp 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RANI
    Participant

HI MANJULA AUNTIE, ONE OF MY FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE, IT’S VERY NICE. COULD YOU PLEASE ADD BESAN BURFI RECIPE I REALLY NEED THIS RECIPE.

THANKS

Manjula Jain
    Keymaster

Hello Rani, I will be doing basen burfee soon.

monika
    Participant

is besan burfi recepe added

mitu
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s Besan Burfi but I make a smooth cake/burfi from Besan which my 3 year old son really enjoys. This is the only sweet he likes to eat.

Ingredients:

Besan flour – 1 cup

Sugar – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (slightly less than 1 cup)

water – 25 ml

Ghee – 1/4 cup

Method:

1. Spread some ghee on a plate and keep it aside.

2. Sieve and dry roast Besan on a non-stick pan. Just to get the raw smell off the Besan. Do not over fry. This takes probably 2min or less based on the heat of your pan.

3. Always maintain on medium flame/medium heat.

4. Remove besan and keep it aside. Now add sugar and water together.

5. Sugar has to immerse slightly in water. Basically, the sugar has to get wet :)

6. Heat until you get one thread consistency. When bubbles arise, touch the end of the ladle with wet finger. smudge it between thumb and index finger and slowly move them apart, if a small string arises in-between the fingers then it’s the perfect stage.

7. Now quickly add Besan to it little by little and keep stirring. Maintain the flame on low during this process.

8. While mixing make sure there aren’t any lumps.

9. Now add ghee and slowly mix in altogether well.

10. When it’s just about the stage where everything comes together and doesn’t stick on the pan. Immediately stop and remove from stove. Don’t keep it long or it will turn hard.

11. Pour it on the greased plate. If you like you can also sprinkle little bit of sugar on top as well. Cut as per your choice.

Note:

First try with half of the quantity.

This is the first time I am posting a recipe somewhere and I hope it helps you for the time being until Manjula Aunty posts her recipe.

mitu
    Participant

This thread was three years ago ?? I just noticed it after posting the long reply :-)

Seemp
    Participant

Mitu, It’s never too late. I was reading this 11 months after you posted in and I’m going to make it now. Thanks so much.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.