Home › Manjula’s Kitchen Discussion Forum › Request a Recipe › Veg Manchurian
Tagged: manchuria, veg
This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by mohamjip 3 years, 2 months ago.
Can you please make vegetable manchurian without onion/garlic?
HI BEGINNER CHEF, I HAVE A NICE RECIPE WHICH TURNS OUT DELICIOUS TOLD BY A FRIEND, ofcourse u can deduct onions from it
2 cups Grated Cabbage
2 Grated Carrots
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 Chopped Spring Onion
2 Chopped Green Chilies
3-4 Crushed Garlic Flakes and ginger chopped
2 tbsp Corn Starch or Flour
Oil for deep frying
1 tbsp Soya Sauce
Salt to taste
1 tsp Pepper Powder(kali mirch powder)
1/2 tsp Sugar(very little)
2 tbsp oil
Preparation of vegetarian Manchurian :
* Mix grated cabbage and carrots and squeeze the water out from
them,then add onion to that
* Now in a bowl take the squeezed cabbage and carrots and mix 1
tbsp. corn starch and add few chopped chilies and little salt to it.or
you can add some maida if you want
* Make small balls (like koftas) of the mixture .
* Heat the oil in a kadhai / wok and deep fry the balls till
golden brown, drain and keep aside.
* Now in a separate pan heat 2 tbsp oil.
* Sauté garlic, green chilies and spring onions and ginger for few seconds
* Add pepper powder, sugar and soya sauce then put some water
not too much lets say 1 1/2 cup then Bring it to a boil.
* Mix 1 tbsp corn foulr with half of a cup of cold water and stir
into it. Gently add the fried balls to the gravy.
* Cook the vegetable manchurian for 3-4 minutes and in the end put
1 tbs vinegar for spicy Manchurian put more green chillies and hot
This sounds delicious. I don’t use onions, so would add some asafoetida and, perhaps, some grated ginger.
You must be logged in to create new topics.
Learn More here