I am fond of Mediterranean food, so I decided to make my own version of wrap inspired by Mediterranean flavors. I used big sized roti/chapati for the wrap, eggplant pakoras/fritters along with home-made hummus and mint chutney.
- 1 cup garbenzo beans
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Soak the chickpeas in 4 cups of water over night.
- In pressure cooker add chickpeas with the 3 cups of water. Close the cooker and put the pressure on.
- Cook on medium high heat.
- As pressure cooker starts steaming turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Close the heat and wait until steam has stopped before opening the pressure cooker.
- Drain the water and let it cool.
- Blend all the ingredients except olive oil and make a pourable paste use water as needed.
- Add olive oil after taking it from the blender.
- Keep aside.
For Mint Chutney
- A Bunch of Mint leaves
- garlic 3 flakes
- green chillies 3 – 4
- Lemon as per taste
- sugar 1 1/2 tsp
- water 1-2 tsp (if needed)
- salt as per taste
Put all the ingredients in the mixer and grind it till chutney turns smooth.
For EGGPLANT PAKORAS/Fritters
- Besan – 2 cups
- Eggplant – 2 or 3 in number. You can use the big sized eggplant also.
- Ajwain – 1 teaspoon
- chili powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- chat masala – according to taste
- Slice eggplant into thin circles.
- In a bowl add besan, ajwain, chat masala, chili powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Add water to make a thick batter.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
Serving Suggestion for EGGPLANT ROTI WRAP
- Take a roti and spread hummus and mint chutney in the center of it.
- Place 3-4 eggplant pakoras on it.
- Then add some diced onions and tomatoes to it.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- Sprinkle some roasted cumin seeds.
- Garnish it with few cilantro leaves.
- Fold both sides of the roti and envelope one side of the roti with food grade/aluminium foil to prevent the filling from sliding out.
Enjoy the Wrap!