This is a great recipe of delicious, moist and eggless cake to satisfy your chocolate cravings and sweet tooth. Adults and kids alike will be delighted with this yummy cake.
Make 16 pieces.
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour (plain flour, maida)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch, or arrowroot
- 1/4 cup coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup silky tofu ( soft tofu will also work)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, I am using rice vinegar
- Approx. 1/3 cup milk
For Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place chocolate in a bowl and add the vanilla essence. Bring the heavy cream to boil and turn off the heat. Pour the cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate completely dissolve and become glossy. As ganache cool it will become thick.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree F
- Grease 8×8 inches cake pan. Set aside.
- All the dry ingredients except sugar, sift together flour, corn starch, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, three times to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Set aside.
- With the electric mixer on low speed mix the butter, sugar, vinegar and vanilla until it is smooth this should take about two minutes. Add the tofu to butter mixture and mix on low speed for about two minutes. This will have a curdle kind of texture.
- Slowly add the dry mix, mix with spatula all the ingredients should be mixed well. Add milk as needed, batter should be of thick consistency but pourable.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan evenly. Place the pan on middle oven rack and bake it for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for about 15 minutes in pan and then run a butter knife around the edges of cake. Place a wire cooling rack over top of pan. Use both hands to hold the rack in place while flipping the cake over onto the rack. Set the rack down and gently tap on the bottom of pan until the cake is released. Cool completely before slicing the cake.
- Pour the ganache over the cake or individual cake pieces.