These bread swirls are a healthy delightful appetizer. In most of my parties when kids are invited they need something that is easy to hold and filling too. Kids don’t like to carry their food on plate so I got this idea for them but it became a party hit with adults too!
Potato is a versatile veggie that can be eaten in different forms. These bread swirls are crispy on the outside with a soft and cheesy potato stuffing.
- 5 bread slices
- 1 cup boiled potato
- 3/4 cup chopped boiled veggies(carrot,peas,cauliflower)
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp channa masala
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- Mash all the above ingredients except bread and cheese to a smooth paste and keep aside.
Preparing the Bread Sheet
- Remove the sides of the bread n join them with little water edge to edge overlapping 1 cm.
- Now use a rolling pin flatten the bread gently.
Preparing the Bread Swirls
- Now spread the stuffing evenly on the bread sheet and leave the last 1 cm for sealing.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the stuffing n roll it slowly from one end and seal
- the end gently with little water.
- Then wrap it plastic sheet n freeze for 30 min.
- After 30 min unwrap it n cut the roll into thin slices of 1 cm thickness.
Toast each slice on a tawa with medium flame till golden brown on both the sides or in a preheated oven at 375F for 15 min.
Then bake for 7 mins each side or till golden brown.
You delightful bread swirls are ready and can be served with tomato ketchup.