Cucumber (kheera) Raita
Cucumber Raita is a delightful refreshing side dish and compliment to any meal. Raita is made so many ways, but the main ingredient is always the yogurt. Cucumber raita is one of my favorites especially during the summer. This is a quick and easy recipe. I also like to serve cucumber raita as a spread or dipping sauce.
- 1 cup yogurt (curd, dahi)
- 1 cup cucumber (shredded)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (roasted)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/8 tsp red chili pepper (for garnishing)
In a bowel beat the yogurt until it is smooth and creamy.
Peel and shred the cucumber.
Mix shredded cucumber, salt, black salt, cumin powder, green chili, mint leaves to yogurt and mix it well.
Garnish with chili powder and few mint leaves. Serve chill.
Use the measurements for your guide line, especially in this recipe you can adjust all the ingredients to your taste easily.