My recipe for this month’s contest is Crunchy Bean salad with beetroot and fruits. It is a fresh and healthy salad, and also very easy to prepare. The fruit give this salad a sweet taste.
- 1/2 Cup sprouted moong
- 1/2 Cup boiled chick peas
- 1/4 Cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 Cup chopped apple
- 1/4 Cup chopped beetroot
- Chopped grapes 8-10
- 1 chopped green chili (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon orange jest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 Strawberries sliced
- 2 Green chillies slit
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together. Keep aside.
- In a big bowl mix moong dal & chick peas
- Add chopped cucumber, apple, grapes, beetroot & green chili
- Pour the salad dressing
- Mix well
- Take a serving dish transfer the sprouts and chick pea mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top
- Garnish with strawberries & green chilies.