Cream Cheese Sandwiches are simple and delicious. I added some crunchy cucumber, bell pepper and some mild spices. These sandwiches are light and refreshing – the perfect afternoon snack. Try these sandwiches for your kids’ lunch box. This super simple sandwich is a hit with almost everyone.
Recipe will make 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices of bread I like to use firm bread
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- Cucumber about 4 inch long English or seedless (kheera, kakdi)
- 1/4 bell pepper this will make about 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper (capsicum, Shimla mirch, pahadi mirch)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely shredded, I use zester to shred the ginger
- 1 green chili finely chopped, optional and adjust to taste
- Peel the cucumber leaving the stripes unpeeled. Shred the cucumber, after shredding squeeze the water, we need about 1/4 cup shredded cucumber after squeezing the water. Set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper in very small pieces and squeeze the water and pet dry, need about 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients, mix will have a texture of thick spread.
- Spread the mix on two slices of sandwich bread, then close sandwiches with other slices of bread.
- Remove the crest from the bread all sides and slice them in two parts. For clean cut keep the sandwiches aside and slice them after about half an hour.
- Serve these sandwiches as a snack, or they are grate for lunch box, or picnic.
- These sandwiches stay good for a day at room temperature or you can refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- You may use this spread for crackers.
- You will also like to watch Finger Sandwiches