This is a easy and delicious recipe. Serving creamed corn over toasted bread makes a great appetizer. This can also be served as a side dish.
Recipe will serve 4 to 6.
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida or plain flour)
- 1/2 cup finally chopped red bell pepper (capsicum or shimla mirch)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese or Italian mix cheese
- 1 seeded and minced green chili
- Some fresh cilantro leaves
- Bread of your choice (I like French or sourdough bread)
- In a sauce pan cook the milk and corn kernels until corn is tender. Stir the corn occasionally making sure it doesn’t burn in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the all purpose flour and lightly mash the corn using the food processor or blender, (do not make the paste).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- When the cumin seeds crack add the corn mixture, black pepper, salt and red bell pepper.
- Stir and reduce the heat to medium. This should take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next stir the cheese and close the heat.
- Corn should be in the consistency of a spread not very dry.
- Serve over toasted bread and garnish with minced green chili and cilantro.
Serve the creamed corn as a side dish.
Originally posted 2010-07-28 22:51:20.