One of the festivals this month is Krishna Janmashtami falling on August 17th. This festival is the annual celebration of the birth of Lord Krishna. As part of the celebration, grains should not be consumed during this day of fasting. In observance of this festival, this month’s contest is to make a grain free recipe.
The specific rules are the following:
- You can do any type of recipe (appetizer, dessert, etc)
- You may not use any grains in the recipe.
- You can use milk, yogurt, paneer, nuts, fruit, seeds, etc as examples.
- You may not use onion or garlic in the recipe.
- It must be vegetarian and also egg-less.
- Please submit only ONE recipe.
In general I will only consider recipes that I feel are complete in regards to ingredients, measurement, and instruction. From there I am looking for creativity and a recipe that my viewers would enjoy to prepare on their own. I will be judging on overall recipe and presentation also.
Below is my checklist:
- Be Creative!
- Ingredients should be listed with measurements.
- Method must be explained clearly, so it’s easy to follow.
- Please include your NAME along with the recipe (as you would like it to appear).
- Search the web for ideas. There are many resources available.
- Please send me a detailed recipe to email@example.com
- You must also send original picture(s) of the recipe – do not simply grab a photo from the web. Otherwise your recipe will not be considered for entry. If the photo is too low resolution, I cannot accept the recipe.
- The deadline is August 29th.
- The winner will be featured on the homepage with the new recipe and a link to their website (if available).
1st Prize: $100 gift certificate from Amazon.com
2nd Prize: $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com
**Anyone can join this contest**