As school has just started, many of my viewers have been asking about meal suggestions for kids. For September contest, you can make any kid-friendly recipe. I will be judging on the following criteria:
- The meal should be health conscious and nutritious (example: avoid deep fried foods, or high sugar foods)
- You are preparing this for kids (ages 4-12), so it should be something they will like to eat (whether at home or take to school for lunch).
- The recipe should be simple and easy to prepare.
- Ideally, this recipe should fit into a lunchbox that kids can take to school.
- You must provide the recipe for the main meal, but you can suggest other food items to pair the main meal with (like a side of fruit or other yummy snack).
Main thing to remember about this contest is that it should be fun and simple.
I have started a Forum topic to discuss Meal suggestions for Kid’s Lunch Box. Please feel to talk there and provide any tips for other parents. For all contest entries, please follow these instructions listed below:
- Send the Name of the recipe along with Photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recipe must be vegetarian (no eggs please).
- You must send an original picture(s) of the recipe – do not simply grab a photo from the web. Otherwise your recipe will not be considered for entry.
- The deadline is September 25th.
- The winner will be featured on the homepage with the new recipe and a link to their website (if available).
1st Prize: $100 gift certificate from Amazon.com
2nd Prize: $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com
**Anyone can join this contest**