This dessert comprises of coconut burfi with a tinge of pineapple flavor served with coconut ice-cream and topped with dark chocolate flakes.
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoon powdered or icing sugar
- 2-3 drops pineapple essence
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml cream of coconut
- 2-3 drops of Vanilla essence
- Sugar to taste (if needed depending on sweetness of cream of coconut & coconut milk)
- Dark Chocolate flakes
Coconut Pineapple burfi
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add ghee, shredded coconut, sugar, fresh cream and few drops of pineapple essence and cook while slowly stirring continuously, for approximately fifteen minutes or till the mixture turns light yellowish.
- Remove from the heat and add powdered sugar and mix. This will help burfi to stay moist.
- Grease burfi mould or a deep plate with ghee and pour in the coconut mixture and spread evenly.
- When it cools down, cut into diamond or square shapes or any shape of your choice.
- Coconut pineapple burfi is ready to serve.
- Take all the ingredients in food processor bowl or hand blender jar and mix it properly till it has dropping consistency or sufficiently thick.
- When this batter gets ready, fill it in an ice-cream mould or any air-tight plastic container and deep freeze it for approximately 5 to 6 hours or till the ice-cream is set.
- Coconut ice-cream is ready to serve.
- We can make this ice-cream in ice-cream maker as well.
- Cream of coconut will help get a nice creamy and smooth texture of ice-cream.
- Usually cream of coconut is much sweetened so there is actually no need to add extra sugar but in case if it is not sufficiently sweet then add sugar according to your taste.
- Ice-cream should be stored in plastic air tight container so that it can stay fresh for a longer time.
- Take any dark chocolate or dark chocolate compound and make it flakes through knife or shredder.
- Serve the coconut burfi and top it with two small scoops of coconut ice-cream and sprinkle some chocolate flakes on it.
- Alternatively, it can also be topped with chocolate sauce and nuts for a crunchy taste.