Coconut ladoos are a rich, sweet dessert-snack. This is made for many festive occasions. Coconut laddoo is a very simple and easy recipe to make. These are made with few ingredients. Traditionally in Indian households ladoos are served as fudge candies.
Makes 14 ladoo
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 1-1/4 cup coconut freshly grated or frozen, available in Indian grocery stores
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Boil the milk and coconut in heavy bottom pan over medium high heat (I am using heavy non stick pan), do stir occasionally.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25-30 minutes, until all the moisture is absorbed and coconut is thick and creamy consistency.
- Add sugar and cardamom to the coconut and cook for 7-8 minutes stir continuously, until all the moisture is absorbed. Coconut mix will be thick and crumbly in consistency. Turn off the heat.
- Spread the coconut mix on the plate and let it cool of to the room temperature.
- To make the ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of coconut mixture into your palm. Gently press to form a smooth, round ball. Adjust the size of ladoo as you prefer.
- Ladoos are ready to be served; you can refrigerate them for about two weeks.