Recipe submitted by Priya Ramakrishnan
Macaroons are special soft cookies usually made with egg whites, sugar and coconut. Here is an eggless version, made with few ingredients and very easy to put together. Perfect for the holidays.
(Yields 25 cookies)
- 2 1/2 cup sweet grated coconut (One 7 oz. bag)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 oz. sweetened fat free condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 25 mini milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and grease with cooking spray. This step is very important as it prevents the cookies from sticking to the sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut all purpose flour, cardamom powder, and salt.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla to the coconut mixture and mix well till everything is well blended.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins., with a teaspoon or using your hands make small balls and spread the cookies on the cookie sheet. These cookies won’t spread and you can arrange them closely.
- Press a mini milk chocolate morsel in the middle of the macaroon and bake for 15 20 mins. or till golden.
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and let the macaroons cool for a few minutes on the parchment paper.
- Remove the macaroons and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Store and enjoy any time!