Coconut almond burfi is a classic dessert and simply delicious. . Coconut almond burfi is super easy to make with few ingredients. This is also vegan and gluten-free.
This recipe will serve 6.
To make coconut almond burfi we will need:
- 2 cups coconut freshly grated, I am using frozen shredded coconut
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched almond powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- In a non-stick frying pan add coconut and sugar, cook over low medium heat, stir continuously till sugar is melted and mixture starts to bubble.
- Add the almond powder and cardamom, keep stirring continuously, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan, until mixture start coming together and becomes consistency of soft dough. This should take about 6-7 minutes. Turn of the heat.
- Pour the mixture into greased plate while burfi mixture is still hot spread it evenly about 3/4 inch thick in a square shape. Press the mixture with spatula to make it firm.
- While burfi is still warm cut them in about one inch square.
- Allow the burfi to cool for about an hour to dry and hold its shape. Now you can remove the burfi from the plate.
- Burfi can be stored for 2 weeks in air tight container.
Notes: To blanch almonds, drop almonds in boiling water and keep aside. Drain and rinse under cold water after 5 minutes. Press the almonds one by one and squeeze the skin lightly to pop
You will also like Flax Seed Burfi