This Sweet Spicy Soup is a perfect accompaniment for a garden party starter or a refreshing drink on a summer day.
- 1 Melon (Gala for light sweet/Honey Dew for more sweet)
- 4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon ginger juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 teaspoon sugar (Optional, depending on taste)
- 1/2 Cup water
For Cheese Crackers:
- 3-4 Savory Crackers of your choice
- 3-4 thick cut feta cheese cubes
- 2 tablespoons of Green, Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- few Coriander leaves
- 4-6 Black Olives
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon feta cheese to sprinkle
- 2-4 Olives
- 1 inch cube of melon cut into 4 small parts
- Coriander leaves to decorate
- 1 Tablespoon of mixed bell Peppers cubes
- 4 Toothpicks
- Cut the Melon (leave a 1 inch cube aside for decoration later) into medium pieces and marinate with the lemon juice, ginger juice, chilli flakes, salt and pepper in the refrigerator for half an hour. It is good to marinate the melon slices in the spices to assimilate all the flavors well, but if you don’t have time to marinade you can make the soup instantly as well.
- Blend the marinated melon in a mixer with about half cup water.
- Pour the Soup into Serving Cups and Garnish with crumbled cheese, coriander and olives.
- In a small bowl make a mixture of small cubes of bell peppers, olives and melon and season with salt and pepper. Take a toothpick, skew the small pieces onto it. Decorate on the glass.
- Take 3-4 savory crackers, Gently keep the cube of feta cheese on top and garnish with olives, peppers and season. Serve beside the soup as a teaser.
- Relish as a snack drink or a refreshing starter.
- This soup can be made with any melon variety of your liking. You may also add mint for freshness.
- As a serving suggestion, this soup can also be served in half cut scooped out shells of the melon.