I love phirnis, but this time I wanted to make them with a twist using fresh pineapple chunks. I had some leftover fresh pineapple chunks and also home made caramel syrup, so I decided to combine both together to create this beautiful looking phirni, which is a rich and wonderful dessert. If you are a bit lazy or don’t prefer to make your own caramel syrup, you can definitely get a store bought one. This fruity rice phirni tastes amazing when they served chilled, but you can also enjoy them warm. Adding cream is completely optional.
- 1 Litre Whole milk
- 2 tsp Fresh cream
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Pineapples (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp Almond flakes
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Wash and soak rice for an hour.
- Keep half a cup of milk aside and boil the remaining milk. Drain the rice and grind it as fine paste using the cold milk.
- Make a caramel syrup with sugar and a teaspoon of water, keep aside.
- Add the grounded rice paste to the milk and stir it continuously until it turns bit thick..Add the sugar to the cooking rice paste.
- Meanwhile heat the ghee, keep aside a tablespoon of pineapple chunks,roast the remaining pineapple chunks until they turns golden brown.
- Grind this roasted pineapple chunks with some water as a thick paste.
- Add this pineapple paste and fresh cream to the cooking rice mixture. Give it a stir.
- Add the cardamom powder;nutmeg powder to the cooking phirni and put off the stove..
- Decorate the pineapple chunks and almond flakes over the phirni, drizzle the caramel syrup..Arrange in fridge for at least an hour..