Boondi Ka Raita is a delicious and easy to make side dish which compliments any meal. Boondi ka raita is a yogurt based Indian condiment. Raita is an integral part of Indian cuisine.
This recipe will serve 4.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup boondi, boondies you can buy in indian grocery stores or use the recipe I have for sweet boondi just do not soak them in syrup.
- 1-1/2 cups yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- About 1 table spoon mint leaves chopped
- Few mint leaves to garnish
- Soak boondi in the warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Lightly squeeze the boondies in your palms, don’t mash them.
- whisk the yogurt in a bowl. If yogurt if too thick add water as needed. Yogurt should be the consistency of pancake or dosa batter.
- Add all the spices salt, black salt cumin seed powder, chili powder, and chopped mint leaves mix it well.
- Add the boondi and mix.
- Garnish boondi raita with mint leaves.
Boondi raita can be served cold or at room temperature. I especially like boondi rita with aloo paratha or with Urad Dal Puri.
Originally posted 2016-06-22 20:47:19.
7 thoughts on “Boondi Ka Raita”
I always order separate boondi raita when I go to restaurent. because it is very tasty. Thanks for sharing this post.
Very tasty dish. I have tried and I love it always.
Very tasty, I have tried this myself.
Boondi is very famous in Rajasthan and I love bundi ka raita
ahhh that esence.. love it
great post … thanks for sharing.. its best taste with biryaani
You must log in to post a comment.