- 4 cups about 5 medium size potato boiled peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp ginger thinly sliced (adrak)
- 2 green chili seeded and sliced length wise (hari mirch)
- 1-1/2 tsp crushed coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchoor)
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Oil is the right temperature when cumin seeds crack immediately after being put in the pan. Add cumin seeds and asafetida after seeds crack add ginger and green chilies and stir for few seconds.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add all the remaining spices, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, mango powder, and salt. Stir for few seconds.
Add potatoes and mix well with Masala. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes. All the potatoes should be coated with spices.
Turn off the heat and add cilantro. Mix it well and serve it hot.