Almond brittle also known as Chikki in India this is quick and easy recipe to make. This old fashioned candy every body will enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds roasted
- Grease about 8×10 cookie sheet and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, over medium high heat melt the butter, then add sugar, and salt.
- Keep stirring the sugar continuously till sugar start melting and changing the color to light brown. Turn off the heat as soon it comes to golden brown in color. This should take 4-5 minutes. Note: when sugar starts melting it changes the color very quickly and it can easily burn.
- Add almonds and sesame seeds, stir quickly. Pour over the greased sheet and spread evenly.
- After brittle comes to room temperature brake them in pieces.
- Store them in air tight container.
- Almond Brittle makes a delicious homemade gift. Pack it in a jar or candy bag.
- Garnish ice cream and kheer to give a gourmet look with few pieces of Brittle.