Navratri festival has just begun this month starting from October 5th till October 14th. During this festival, the Hindu deity Durga is worshipped. As part of the celebration, many people avoid grains as way of cleansing and purification. Devotees also refrain from consuming onions, garlic, meat, and alcohol during this time. In observance of this festival, this month’s contest is to make a grain free recipe using either potato or taro root as the main vegetable.
The specific rules are the following:
- You can do any type of recipe (appetizer, dessert, etc)
- You have to use either Potato or Taro root as the main vegetable.
- You may not use any grains in the recipe.
- You may not use onion or garlic in the recipe.
- It must be vegetarian and also egg-less.
- Please submit only ONE recipe.
In general I will only consider recipes that I feel are complete in regards to ingredients, measurement, and instruction. From there I am looking for creativity and a recipe that my viewers would enjoy to prepare on their own. I will be judging on overall recipe and presentation also.
Below is my checklist:
- Be Creative!
- Ingredients should be listed with measurements.
- Method must be explained clearly, so it’s easy to follow.
- Please include your NAME along with the recipe (as you would like it to appear).
- Search the web for ideas. There are many resources available.
- Please send me a detailed recipe to email@example.com
- You must also send original picture(s) of the recipe – do not simply grab a photo from the web. Otherwise your recipe will not be considered for entry.
- The deadline is October 27th.
- The winner will be featured on the homepage with the new recipe and a link to their website (if available).
1st Prize: $100 gift certificate from Amazon.com
2nd Prize: $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com
**Anyone can join this contest**