What’s more satisfying and comforting than a hot bowl of soup? This is an easy recipe and simply delicious. Tomato Soup is always good as a starter or light meal with salad and crusty bread.
Recipe will serve 3.
- 6 tomatoes medium size cut in small pieces this will make about 4 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot medium size peeled and cut in small pieces this will make about 1/3 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 celery stick cut into small pieces this will make about 1/3 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2” ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat lightly brown the ginger, add carrot and celery stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar and pepper let it cook until tomatoes are cooked well and mushy.
- Let the tomatoes cool of then pure in blender.
- For seasoning; heat the oil in a sauce pan add the cumin seed and asafetida as cumin seeds crack add cilantro and stir for a minute add the tomato pure and approx. 1-1/4 cup of water adjust the water to your taste. After soup comes to boil lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve soup hot, I like to serve with few pieces of crotons.