Challenges

January 22nd, 2013 filed under News and Updates

As many of you know, there are some challenges I face when doing my video recipes for you all. First of all, these videos are taped at my home kitchen, and Alex (my husband) is responsible for many things. He is the videographer, editor and essentially does everything aside from developing the recipes and cooking. With that said, my first challenge is him. I need to be ready when Alex has time. Alex also gets busy with his own work. There are many times where we are ready to tape with all the preparations done for the recipe and just then my next door neighbor’s dog decides to bark. This dog is very loud so we often have to wait until he calms down. Then there are the other disturbances like someone mowing their lawn or trash pickup! This can be frustrating especially when I am so eager to share my recipes and dishes with you. When I get upset, Alex will make me a cup of hot chai and try and make me laugh. He always knows how to put a smile on my face. I also spend a lot of time with my four grandchildren as they are my priority. Despite all these obstacles and time constraints, we always manage to do the videos, all the while laughing and have a great time doing so! Until next time….

9 Responses to “Challenges”

1. Alene144 says:

Manjula, I have been making your recipes for two months now and they are great! I see the challenges you and your husband face in making these videos, but thank you for doing it. You are an inspiration and a big help! My husband loves this food. – Alene Scoblete

2. ARJ says:

Thanks a ton for your videos – we love you and a big Thank You to Alex from all of us.

3. Jen says:

Thank you for your videos, my husband and i look forward to seeing each new one. And, i bet I’m not the only one who would love to see a bloopers reel!

4. Lisbeth says:

I love your web, I believe is the best, some recipes are easy to me to try some are harder to do so I leave those for others hahaha, I really would like you know that I appreciate your work and thanks for share with us. You are the best!! thank you, thank you, thank you…

5. dasguptat says:

I appreciate the difficulties that you and your hubby face while preparing the videos. My heartfelt thanks to you and of-course your hubby.
    Looking forward to more and more interesting recipes from you (am I getting greedy?)

Best Wishes

6. saychinso says:

dear manjula,
    i love your work, my 2 daughters adore the way you present and they said your husband do excellent works. you both work very well together. god bless. thank you and please keep going despite all challenges.

7. Barbara says:

Hi Manjula,
    Do what you love and love what you do – and take breaks whenever you need to. Your followers love your videos and your recipes and we’ll always be here waiting for you when you’re ready to post. All the best to you and your dear husband.

8. anuradha says:

Aunty Manjula, what a wonderful story! I love it when we use our sense of humour to put life’s follies in perspective! I’m going to laugh my way through the daily “disturbances” while trying to put my kids to bed! ;-) ps. please post a picture of Alex so that we can picture him in your stories…and cheers to all supportive husbands!

9. Karen says:

Manjula, I hope all is okay. Your message is a bit upsetting. If you need a break that is completely understandable as I can see all the hard work you put into your videos. I love your recipes and your smiling face as you explain everything to the viewers. All the best to you and your husband.