Carrot and Moong Dal Salad is a healthy and nutritious salad with beautiful colors. This is a great salad and easy to make. This can be served as an afternoon snack or an appetizer.
This recipe will serve 4.
- 1/4 cup split moong dal (washed)
- 2 cup shredded carrots (gajar)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (gola) I am using shredded frozen coconut
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped (hara dhania)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Wash moong dal changing water 4-5 times, and soak it for about 2-3 hours. After soaking Moong Dal will be double in volume. Drain the water.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, ginger, salt, black pepper and sugar to make dressing and set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the cumin seeds as seeds crack add the moong dal.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously. Don’t over cook that will make dal dry.
- Turns off the heat and remove the pan, let it cool for few minutes.
- Add carrots, cilantro and coconut mix it well.
- Add the cilantro and dressing to the carrot and moong dal, mix it well. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes before serving.