Jaljeera is very refreshing drink. Best way to describe Jaljeera, Indian flavored lemonade. Jaljeera is a popular summer drink in India.
Recipe will serve 4.
- ¼ cup packed chopped mint leaves (podhina)
- ¼ cup packed chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed dry roasted and powdered (bhuna jeera)
- Pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black salt (kala Namak) available in Indian stores
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamarind seedless (imli)
- 2 tablespoon sugar adjust to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Blend all the spices into the paste using enough water needed to blend.
- Strain the spice mix and squeeze all the spicy water out. Discard the roughage.
- Add the water, mix it and serve over the ice.