Lassi is a yogurt based healthy drink. It’s very popular throughout India. Mint and ginger gives a very tangy and refreshing taste. Mint Lassi is a great compliment to any meal especially during summer.
Recipe will serve 2.
- 2 cups of yogurt (dahi, curd)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (podina)
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt optional
- 1/8 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder* (bhuna jeera)
- Few mint leaves for garnishing
- ½ cup of ice cubes
- Blend mint leaves with about 2 tablespoons of yogurt making a paste. Add yogurt, ginger juice, salt, black salt and about 1 cup of water. Blend just enough to make the drink smooth; don’t over bend as it will become frothy.
- Pour it over ice cubes and garnish with roasted cumin seed powder and mint leave.
- Lassi can be made one day in advance and refrigerated.
- Making Ginger juice: shred the ginger using fine shredder or jester and squeeze the pulp using fingers.
- Roasting Cumin seeds: Toast cumin in a heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it is aromatic and brown in color. You can make a small jar of this in advance and keep it for couple of months. This is used in many recipes.