Stir-Fry Cabbage salad is a healthy mix of cabbage, carrots, beans and bell pepper, garnish with coconut. This color full crunchy salad is low in calories and very satisfying.
Recipe will serve 3.
- 2 cups cabbage cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup red and green bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup green beans cut in approx. 11/2 inch and halves
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 whole red peppers
- Few leaves of curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red pepper as seeds crack. Tip: as you add curry leaves it will splatter, be careful. Add cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and beans stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, vegetables should be crisp don’t overcook.
- Turn off the heat, add salt, lemon juice and coconut, and mix it well.
- Serve warm.
Replace the coconut with roasted crushed peanuts.