Almond saffron milk is a festive drink; this can be served hot or cold. Milk with blend of nuts and flavored with saffron. Saffron gives a beautiful orange-yellow color and distinctive flavor and aroma.
Recipe will serve 2-3.
- 20 Oz milk
- 10 almonds
- 10 pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar adjust to taste
- few strands of saffron
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced pistachios
- Soak the almonds and pistachios for about 10 minutes in hot water. Blanched the almonds and pistachio.
- Grind the almonds and pistachios using 2-3 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the almond paste, sugar, cardamom and saffron strands. Lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 4-5minutes stirring often.
- Turn of the heat, serve warm or chilled.
- Garnish the milk before serving with pistachios.