Butternut Squash Risotto is simple, delicious and easy to prepare recipe that can be served at any time. It can be served with any side of green vegetables.
- 1 butternut squash (Use about 500g of the roasted squash in the risotto)
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 210g risotto rice
- 130ml white wine
- 650ml vegetable stock
- 20g freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the peeled diced butternut squash to a roasting pan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Put in the oven and remove when soft and nicely roasted (about 40 minutes).
- On a medium heat, cook the onion, celery, garlic and fresh thyme in olive oil, extra virgin olive oil and butter until soft.
- Add risotto rice and stir around for a couple of minutes to coat.
- Add the white wine and cook for 5 minutes or until most the wine has evaporated.
- Begin to gradually add the stock, ladle by ladle, until the rice is al-dente (about 15 minutes).
- To finish the risotto, stir in the chopped roasted butternut squash, parmesan, fresh parsley and season to taste.
- Cook for a couple of minutes to heat and combine, and serve with some sauteed green vegetables.