Spicy cashews are great as a holiday party snack or simply to munch on anytime. Spicy cashews can be quite addicting – they are that good. This simple and delicious recipe will make a great holiday gift too!
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon roasted ground cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- In a large skillet, roast the cashew nuts in oil over low-medium heat, stirring continuously, until cashews are golden brown. It will take about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer the cashews in a bowl, and let them cool off until they are warm. Cashews should be warm and not be at room temperature otherwise the spices will not coat cashews.
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the warm cashews, and toss to coat them evenly.
- Store the cashews in an air tight container after they cool off to the room temperature.
- Enjoy! Note: These cashews can be stored up to a month.
Simply substitute peanuts for cashews in the above recipe.