This is a delicious sweet and sour dish, and only takes few minutes to prepare. Kela Ki Sabji makes a great side dish. You will be amazed with the simplicity of this dish.
Recipe will serve 3.
- 3 ripe bananas peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick approx. 3 cups of sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeere)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
- 1 green chili minced, adjust to taste
- Pinch of turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- Approx. 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 2 tablespoon water
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan on medium high. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add cumin seeds after seeds crack add asafetida, green chili and turmeric, stir for a few seconds.
- Add bananas, ginger, mango powder and water stir gently and cook only for a minute, don’t overcook otherwise banana will become mushy and watery.
- Turn off the heat and add salt and cilantro mix gently and serve.