This is a healthy and incredibly easy recipe to make. Veggie Hash is very satisfying, delightful and colorful dish.This recipe is from my aunt from Seattle Washington.
This recipe will serve 2.
- 2 medium size red potatoes
- 1 small zucchini cut in cubes approx. 1 cup cubes zucchini
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper cubed approx. 1 cup cubes bell pepper
- 2-1/2 tablespoons of oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 minced green chili
- Approx. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 medium size tomato sliced for garnishing
- Boil the potatoes peel and shred, Potatoes should be not over boiled they should be firm. After shredding potatoes should be approx. 1-1/2 cup. Set aside.
- Heat the saucepan (about 8” diameter) over medium heat, grease the pan generously and spread the shredded potatoes evenly. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of oil over potatoes and flip them using spatula, potatoes will be light golden brown.
- Let the other side cook for 3-4 minutes if needed cook longer because potatoes should be golden brown both sides.
- While the potatoes are cooking heat the other saucepan over medium heat put the 1 tablespoon of oil and adds all the vegetables.
- Stir-fry the veggie for few minutes; veggies should be crisp and tender. Turn off the heat add ½ teaspoon of salt or adjust to your taste and black pepper. Mix it.
Serving the Veggie Hash Browns
- Transfer the potatoes on the serving plate sprinkle salt to taste, 1 teaspoon of ginger juice garnish with half the cilantro, green chili and drizzle some lemon juice.
- Top the potatoes with stir-fry veggies, and garnish the veggies drizzling ginger juice, cilantro, green chili and lemon juice.
- Last top it with cheese and put the plate in microwave for a minute to melt the cheese. Cheese is optional.
- Serve hot.
- Veggie Hash Brown makes a good one dish meal serve with soup and slice bread.
- Vegie Hash Browns makes a great dish for Vegan, without Cheese