Summer is the best time for frozen treats and there is nothing better than ice cold Popsicle. These Popsicles are made with fresh fruits. This is a kid’s friendly recipe. This recipe is for two different fruit flavored Popsicles, orange and strawberry.
Recipe will make 12 popsicles.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup strawberry puree
I am using 3oz of plastic cups and Popsicle sticks.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Boil heavy cream, cornstarch mix, corn syrup, and sugar over medium-high heat. Stir often otherwise cornstarch will become lumpy.
- After the cream mix starts to a boil, turn off the heat and let the cream syrup cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Divide the cream syrup in 2 equal parts, and then pour half into the orange juice and the other half gets added to strawberry puree.
- Mix the fruit and cream syrup well and pour them into the 3 oz plastic cups or you can use Popsicle molds.
- Freeze for a few hours. When it’s a half frozen add Popsicle sticks
- If you prefer your Popsicles to have a smoother texture, simply strain the strawberry puree.
- You may also use your choice of fruits.