Appalu are an Authentic dish in Andhra Cuisine which are famous for their soft texture and color and of course being not overly sweet. This is an item the whole family can relish and forces you to make again… I bet!.
- 3/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat Flour/ Maida
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup oil to add & oil for frying
- One cut open Ziploc
- In a bowl mix together Rice Flour and Wheat Flour/ Maida.
- Turn on the stove on medium flame, and in a vessel mix water and jaggery and bring it to boil till the jaggery is completely dissolved.
- Add the flour mixture slowly stirring continuously without forming any lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, you can turnoff the flame.
- Note: Once the mixture cools it should be pliable to form balls.
- Add 1/4 cup oil to it and let it cool down to the temperature where your hands can handle the mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai on a medium flame.
- Once the oil is heated, grease the Ziploc with oil.
- Make a small ball out of the dough and press into a disc of 0.5cm thickness on the Ziploc uniformly and fry in the oil till golden color.
- Drain them on a paper towel and enjoy !!!
Note: Don’t let them brown as they will become very hard after cooling.